Do something, create something, make something from my Pinterest wall each week.
I have a ton of pins on my Pinterest wall and decided today that I need to start experimenting and trying some more of these.
I have made these Hot Buttered Pretzels from kingarthurflour.com.
We loved them, but found it was actually easier to make them into twists instead of the pretzel shape.
This recipe went into the "notebook".
I also gave a spin at trying the Sonic's Cherry Limeade by http://thelittlebrownhouse.us/2011/07/25/diy-sonic-cherry-limeade/
1 can frozen limeade concentrate,
1- 2 liter bottle Sprite,
Juice from 1 10 oz jar cherries
Fresh limes (optional)
Simply put it all together.. tough huh?
Tonight I'm going back on the food wagon with attempting this yummy looking summer dish (which has all of my favorite things in it!!) from http://www.onceuponachef.com/2010/08/black-bean-salad-with-corn-red-peppers-avocado-lime-cilantro-vinaigrette.html
Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red Peppers, Avocado & Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh cooked corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots, from one medium shallot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, best quality such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 Hass avocados, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except for avocados in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with a more chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Now I'm off to the shower then loading Miss Elexx up and heading to our local store to load up!! (Plus might hit up the bargain store while in town!)
Happy Friday the 13th! Make it an exceptional day!