Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 1 - Anabolic Diet

After having baby #4 (she turned a year in May), I have been trying to lose weight the healthy way.

I have been trying to exercise regularly as well as eating better - healthier and not processed/junk food.

I have been doing decent but not to the point of where I would really like to get down to.  I had really hoped to get to wear a nice - cute - swimsuit (ok, the bikini might have been a far shot - but hey, you gotta have goals).

I tend to hold a lot of weight  - and not the good kind in my belly.  My arms and shoulders are starting to look decent and my calves and thighs really are not too bad, just that dang belly that won't seem to reduce in size (ok so it has, but the rest needs to go bye-bye!)

I have decided to try the Anabolic Diet.  I follow several workout people/body builders on Instagram and one of them @Melissasarahwee has an AWESOME body - she is muscled out - and has been doing the anabolic diet to lean up. 

I looked it up and of course ordered the book.  After searching a few places online I also found some great information at www.stronglifts.com.  Although I don't have my book yet, I have already started. 

From what I did find you can start with the 12 day - basic detox of carbs.  I'm talking carbs from breads, noodles, rices ect.  Not the carbs from veggies.  You also stay away from fruits. 

The idea behind this is to be able to get your body to rely on burning its fat stores instead of relying on food to burn.  With doing this type of diet you are also to be weight training (which I am).

You are basically loading up on protein for 5 days then load up on carbs for 2 (the weekend).  I am starting with a 12 day no carbs.  This will actually work perfect for me as the two days on will be the weekend.

They do say you can become moody, tired, not feeling well for anywhere from a week or so after starting lasting a few days to a week as your body becomes accostomed to a new eating habit.  - Someone might inform my husband - as he doesn't know I am starting this (although the worst thing is he will be saying I always told you to eat more protein - I can hear it already!).

I started yesterday.  Here is how I ate:

Breakfast - didn't have anything but a few cups of coffee with sweetened condensed milk.  The coffee is ok - they actually say to use heavy cream in it (didn't have) and the SCM - unsure.

Lunch I had a long polish sausage, 2 long celery sticks and one other thing - but at this exact time it has slipped my mind - dang age!!  Ate it all without any problems.  Also had a touch of ketchup as you can have condiments/spices so your food is not drab!  Oh - PepperJack cheese slices!  (Yummy). 

After lunch I though, ok I can do this.  Everything was good and it did fill me up - more than I thought it would.  I also had 2 large glasses of water.

For a snack I did have a few chocolate eggs - not sure if they are on the eat or don't eat till weekend list - with peanut butter (double yum!)  My wonderful (she really is) mother-in-law decided to bring all their left over Easter candy to my house...

I also had several glasses of water thru the day.

For supper I cooked up a pre packaged (Yes I know, trying to stay away from them - but my father-in-law brought them and asked for it) chicken/pasta/veggies/sauce all in one meal.

Now before, I would have ate the chicken and pasta, a few pieces of carrots and the corn in it.  NO broccoii would have even touched my plate.  And the garlic bread to go with it.

Last night I had the chicken, broccoli, corn, and carrots.  I also added 3 hard boiled chicken eggs.  We do get quite a few eggs as we have 11 laying girls!!

Again was pretty good. 

Exercise:
I lifted arms and a bit of back last night.  Went off my norm and did progressives with 20 lb dumbbells to 15 lbs each hand to exhaustion.

I also did some ab moves, as my friend Becky started a 10 day ab challenge and although it didn't start until today - but I went ahead and did them last night when I was exercising.

I had my Genesis PURE Recovery shake (yum, yum, yum) afterward.

Slept from 11:30 p.m to 6:30 am.

This morning I feel pretty good.  I am also excited as I am taking a jewelry class with Keith Lo Bue - so working on that as well!!!

No comments: