Saturday, March 28, 2009

#Blizzard09 in Colorado

Ok, so I'm referencing my Twitter tag in #Blizzard09, but hey, that's what this little blog is about.

Important measures to take when a snow storm is coming or in the process:

1. Make sure your tractor is charged if you even have an inkling you will need it!!!
(it sucks to have to go back and charge it later! - I'm doing it now!)

2. Quickly walk outside first to see the weather. I started in my warm RedHead hunting pants this morning (love them by the way, except the 2 top buttons - don't stay buttoned all the time), then within about 2 minutes I was back in putting on my Volcom snowboard pants, as they are not as heavy and made for the snow too!

3. Don't let your husband leave when a snow storm is coming! Ok, so maybe with a family emergency, but otherwise its much nicer to put him on the tractor instead of me!

4. Make sure you have enough propane to keep the house warm (or some other warming device if you depend on another source of heat.

5. Enjoy the snow!! (the farmers sure are!)

6. Eat a good breakfast, as you will be sweating an hour after being outside (that is if you are tromping all over in the snow and actually trying to work, and you will need all the energy you can get.

7. Figure out how to get more followers on your Blog and Twitter accounts!! (will work on this later today when I'm tired from working out side.

8. Be grateful that I only have to deal with snow and not floods or hurricanes!!

No comments: